Jig Star Rods is owned by parent company BCS Enterprises Ltd of New Zealand.
Its Director - Chris Wong, is a pioneer of Japanese jig fishing to NZ. Chris is also well known in the international jigging circles as an accomplished angler and tackle designer. BCS also import and distribute a wide range of top-end tackle for the NZ market as well as specialise in jig tackle.
- Jig Star is a specialist brand of Jig Fishing tackle aimed at novice and experienced jiggers. The tackle has been designed by jigging enthusiasts with many years of jigging experience and exposure to the best tackle available. Our aim is to provide cutting edge rod designs with reliable and innovative accessories and solutions that give performance well above the ordinary.
- Jig Star was originated and owned by Chris Wong who introduced this style of jig fishing to NZ in 2005. Our famous Kojak rod series is performance tuned by Master Rod Designer John "Kojak" Goffin who strives for perfection with all that he touches. The Kojak name is associated with innovative and technical rods that are highly sort-after in NZ.
Jig Star produces the following products
- Katana Nano and Ninja jigging Rods
- Terminal hardware, solid rings, split rings, double ring and grommet, knot sleeve, kevlar assist cord.
- Multicoloured braid for jigging or bottom fishing.
Jigstar Katana Nano Light
The Jigstar Katana Nano is our Premium specification Jigging rod featuring Fuji PSS reel seat, Fuji MNSG guides and custom components to create a modern, high performance classic. The real benefit of this rod is in the Blank which features Nano technology. Nano technology dramatically improves the Blank strength and resilience, while realizing a weight saving of up to 30% Katana Nano rods are part painted metallic black.
The rod action is a medium fast, parabolic design which is designed to easily jig in the Japanese style or what we call “Mechanical Jigging”.
The Katana Nano rod is for experienced jiggers seeking the best. They will notice the classical, sophisticated looks and the high performance “feel” of the Katana when jigging and fighting aggressive fish. These rods are very competitively priced amongst comparable performance rods on the international market.
The Jigstar Katana Nano rods come in 3 sizes:
- Katana Nano 52B L (Length, 5'2", Line PE2-5, Lure 100-300g)
- Katana Nano 52B ML (Length, 5'2", Line PE3-6, Lure 150-400g)
- Katana Nano 52B MH (Length, 5'2", Line PE 4-8, Lure 200-500g)
Jigstar Ninja Light
The 2013 Jigstar Ninja range features impeccable design, combined with the perfect blend of the best Toray High Performance graphite and resins from Japan to produce a mid-priced, yet high class, range of advanced Jigging Rods.
The Ninja family are designed for the beginner and intermediate Jigger and feature Fuji PSS reel seats with the latest ALPS SSMNZG guides, matched with custom components.
The Ninja blank is a brand new design, stronger and more resilient, and is part painted a metallic grey to differentiate it from the previous Jigstar rods. Particular attention has been made to the eye-catching stealthy aesthetics and minimalistic build resulting in the lightest and strongest Jigstar rods to date! Jigstar Ninja rods are packaged in a distinctive insulated embroidered rod bag for secure travel and storage.
There are 2 Ninja rods in the range:
- Ninja 52 Light (Length, 5'2", Line PE2-5, Lure 100-300g)
- Ninja 52 Medium Light (Length, 5'2", Line PE3-6, Lure 150-400g)