Lowrance Structurescan HD
In the past boaters and anglers had to choose between further range with less resolution or less range with better resolution- NOT ANYMORE. With a single frequency StructureScan® HD can ranger further with better resolution than ever before! Example:
- The original Structure Scan(LSS-1) in 10 ft.. of water could cover 60 ft.. to each side- now you can cover 120ft!
- The new SideScan max range is 600 ft.. over the previous 500 ft.. max.
- Deep water fishermen will see the most improvement in definition . We were able to improve our max depth and range of the LSS-1 and DOUBLED the definition in
water over 50ft.
How we improved the range and resolution
To get better resolution-
- Narrower slice of the water column
- Front to back slice is 3.2 degrees vs. 6 degrees of LSS-1(@455kHz -10 db.)
- To narrow the beam angle the transducer length was increased
To get more range:
Use only the lower frequency and modified the hardware inside the module.
What makes our scanning system the best
- We are the only solution with TRUE DownScan combined with SideScan
- Our transducer has dedicated DownScan elements that look directly below the boat
- The competition makes you choose between a Side Imaging system or a Down Imaging system- you get the best of both with StructureScan™HD
- Two transducer system
- We don’t combine our 83/200 kHz into the Structure Scan transducer because most boats mount the 83/200 kHz transducer where it can perform best at high speeds.